Thursday 12 April 2012

Facing the unknown


To be faced with the unknown is a powerful, yet challenging place to be in. Each day when I sit in front of a blank page and am just about to start writing, the unknown meets me. I feel its presence when it has entered the room. That very moment my mind becomes as blank as the page in front of me, while something deep inside myself becomes highly awake. No idea how long it takes until the first word I am patiently waiting for appears on the blank document. The sound of that very first word holds all the other words which are supposed to follow in its reverberation. 
I know that "I" can't produce a word or sound like that - it has to be given from somewhere beyond. And only my belief in the work keeps me glued to my desk while keeping company with the unknown. 

First published: 12 September 2011
  
Copyright Alexander-Filmer Lorch September 2011© all rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment